Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Changi Coastal BLITZ..

This morning, Ronald and his gang couldn't make it, but the old regulars like TT, Samsung1 were there... Samsung1 brought along another friend this morning, Samsung2... who rides a hybrid... a Marin but the back triangle is more like a racer..

The morning route was to be on the inside all the way till NSRCC where we will head out to the coastal roads.. this morning were to be alittle different for me in terms of preparations.. I am left were 3 Hcut tabs which I decided to down it together with my Bcomplex. I took nothing else, except for my regular HB and HC tablets. Only difference, no usual coffee for me.

The morning ride started the usual, I was leading the pack, all the way until we reached NSRCC, there becuase of the timing, the 3 of them crossed the road faster than me, and I was left behind.. but the start of the coastal I was probably a good 1-2km behind, I wasn't too worried about that, afterall, they were on road bikes with 700C wheels... so I kept my speed between 29-31km/h.. realised that I was pretty strong this morning.... with only 7km to go, I could see samsung1 was lagging behind the 2 leaders, I surged ahead, but I didnt want to waste precious energy so I made sure that I didnt go beyond 35km/h... pretty soon Samsung1 was behind me as I kept my speed at around 32, could tell that he was exhausted, .... ET and Ss2 was about 1km ahead and I pounded my pedals and tried to close the gap, but my legs were screaming and I had to slow down... we finally met rendevous point, but alas! Bak Chor Mee was not available... instead it was the bee hoon and egg for me! I couldnt finish my portion, the lady was too generous! But I had my ice coffee anyway...

The ride back was one of the most amazing.... on the way back.. ET decided to take the outside road, while the rest of us wanted to go by the inside.... all the way back to NSRCC, Ss1 was hot on my wheel, I caught sight of ET, he was gone in 2 mins, surging so fast ahead...but I wasn't feeling faint at all, very strange feel... I was very careful to be really sensitive to any pain on my left knee, I would have to slow down as soon as I feel the pain... I hammered on the pedals for the whole stretch on the changi coastal, all 7km of it... 32-35km/h... Ss1 chasing me... he was very strong, on 2 occasions almost trying to take the lead... when we reached the road cross, he actually led for a short period of time! I was not perturb, taking care not to overexert myself! Back on the ECP, the race was on! Ss1 led all the way until we reached the "Paris-Roubaix" point, at the stage, I turbo blasted the short 700metre cobbled route, reaching up to about 47km/h.... from there I kept my speed at around 32-34km/h.... Ss1 still chased on... we briefly met at around the new skatepark area, I told him that I will heading out on the road, just before the hawker centre.. once I headed out to the road, lo and behold! ET was just up ahead...very unusual of him to slack.... I cruised on... 33... passed him... and then hammered on... 34.... 1-2-3-4km.. and I was still at 34.... wow... either the Hcut tablets were working or was it the combination of the coffee? I really dun know... I was also trying to be real sensitive about my legs.. my knee... gosh! No pain! Could this be the endorphins? watever it was... I really liked this state that I was in... is this the zone? I looked back... even Ss1 have given up the chase and he was coasting with ET... 3 mins passed... I turned... and wow! No one! I reached the carpark.. and took a look at my watch.... to my amazement.. 40mins 23 seconds.. I new Personal Best...

I am still pondering what was it that made this ride so exceptional ? I would like to think it was the training that I have done over the week.. but I have a slight suspicion that its due to the Hcut tablets that I took. Anyway, I will be getting some new supplies soon. That way, I can really tell if they are really that effective or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment