Monday, January 12, 2009

12th Jan..Chi running at Fort Canning

The time was alittle pass 8pm in the evening, there was more than a slight breeze, it was excellent weather for a run. This Friday is to be my IPPT, and running has never been my forte.

This evening's objective was to try and do as much CHI as possible..the first 400 meters, towards Clemenceau Ave down Oxley Rise was alittle too fast, but again, I wasn't pushing it, instead, it was more like letting gravity taking over, most of it was downhill, so all i had to do was lean over, and let gravity take over, my feet were there in tandem to make sure that I dun fall over flat on my face, and they worked like a wheel with shoes! Rollin rolling rolling... my upper body was relaxed, noticably my arms. The lower legs felt stronger, I wasn't feeling any strain at all..maybe it was just too early in the run!

At Clemenceau Ave, DRATS! The lifting of ERP, meant that the cars will be pouring in to the district.. a good 3-4 mins was wasted waiting to cross the road..

Once at the foot of Ft. Canning, I began Chi-ing, and it was alot slower this time, my breathing was different as well, 1.2km later.. tried to revert back to the old form, but it didnt add to the comfort, and the weird thing was, my body actually went back to Chi-ing instinctively.. that brought a smile to my face!

Amazing thing, I ran all the way, no stopping... I felt strong... my legs didnt feel strained in any way.. it was pretty amazing... I realised that my lungs were stronger than I know it... and I pushed myself harder when the incline started... my average HR went up by 20bpm...

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, looks like you are having the same running downslope sensation.
    Keep feeling that we are going to fall flat on our faces. =D

    ReplyDelete