Thursday, January 8, 2009

8th Jan... Duo day!

Today was a special day... I actually did a 40km Non-stop (ok, at 20km mark, I had a rest of 3 mins and a bite off my trail-mix bar!), plus a 3km run in the evening! For the bike ride, I actually came back with a timing of 1hr 31mins! This must be some personal record of sort! Actually the strange thing was, after the rest, and that little bit of Trail-mix, I was able to do the Changi Coastal stretch (6.7km) at above 32km/h and at times around 37km/h it seems to me, that after the 20km, my body was warmed up ? I need to do more research on this.

I must say, that I was very pleased with my new performance enhancing gadget, a weight saving pair of pedals. I had a little trouble with it yesterday, can to change the cleats on my shoes to get it really working. They're the crank brothers Eggbeater pedals. They were a little creaky in the end, probably needs alittle lub.


On the way back, it was around 30 plus.. then I met this Ang-mo, who cut me at 33km/h... I sat on his wheel for awhile, I checked out his gearing configuration, he was alrady at max power gears, and it seems like he was already gasping, and he was wearing sandles... so i waited for my chance... I would sit on his wheel, and when the speedo reaches 2km left, I will let go!
And let go i did! My HR raced to above 180, 192 to be exact! Top speed was 47.5km/h! Incredible! still... it was impossible for me to complete that last 2km at above 45km/h... maybe I need to train just alittle more harder!

I came back home, had to pick the kids up, and quickly made myself a mixture of Red Bull and 7-up... that must have been it! Back at my mother's, I had a power nap... actually cannot nap properly.. no proper bed! So got up and decided to burn more calories!

Anyway, this has been exciting...

2 comments:

  1. Excellent posting! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the post...inspiring...good luck with your 2009 goals and training.

    ReplyDelete