Tuesday, January 13, 2009

13th Jan.. Chi-ing again at Ft Canning

Yesterday's run was invigorating... and I wanted to try Chi-ing this time with a different pair of shoes.. the Kayano 12.. .The 12's were my running shoes for the 10km which I did several months back... they're really nice... its feels hard.. but after awhile, you really appreciate the suspension that it provides...

In today's run, I realised that the 12 was more suited for the Heel-strike runner... for forefoot running, the cushioning that the 12 offers is SO sucky! One thing that I have found so far with Chi-running, is that I have not had any arch pain... quite amazing... in fact, I would have expected to have very tired calves.. but I have not experience that for the last 2 days.

Today, I actually shaved off 3 mins from my time, but the strange thing was that my HR did not increase... Hmmmm... I think I can actually run harder... still.. the total distance is about 3.17km so i think for the 2.4km on Friday, I can definitely afford to run harder...

The cushioning on the 12 is worse than my 11's... I have yet to try this on my new balance.. so I think I will do that on Thursday... to make up my mind on which pair I should do my IPPT on.

I really hope I do well to get that 200 bucks... I can't wait to try on those new Newtons!

2 comments:

  1. Try on those new Newtons?
    Meaning you got Motion Newtons liao!!!
    Cool!!!

    Try that today or tomorrow and wear it on Friday to impress your detail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no lah, I have not got the newtons yet, I am assuming that I can get that 200 bucks incentive... if I can't get that.. then no Newtons liow... :(

    ReplyDelete