Thursday, February 19, 2009

From Prince to Pauper... hahaha...

65km.... that was how long this ride was...
this was to be my second ride on my Gal, and what a ride it was...

32.5km each way... from my home to changi point.. and then back...

en-route to changi point along the coastal, there was this young chap, Pinarello Prince. Aero wheels, those dimpled zipps, with aero bars... I was going through the speed humps and he cut me on those humps, I was pretty pissed, why can't he wait to cut me after the humps.? I give chase but the strange thing was, it was effortless! He soon realised that I was on his tail, and try as he might, he just couldn't shake me! The amazing thing was, I was on my largest in front and 4th on my back, and I have lots of power to stay with him! He tried his aero position, he tried to standup and stride but all I didnt was just quicken my cadence and I was never more than 2 ft from him... he was exasperated! He swung several times to the right, thinking that it was the drafting that made me powerful, he was wrong, because I was strong! Hahaha.. the poor young chap was hurting... in the end, he made a U-turn at the lights and I carried on towards CP.. I hope he caught a goooood glimpse of my bike.... just a normal carbon bike with alu wheels...
made my evening! To turn that little spoilt Prince into a pauper! I believe he must be hurting tonite.. kekeke... Our average along that stretch was probably in the 40's.. because I registered a top speed of 47.... one thing's for sure... I am so glad that I bought this bike. Its really fast and there is no need for me to get aero bars or aero wheels.. its really more about me, the engine.

The ride from town to CP was tough.. but fun... lots of cars.. lot of stares.. but lots of fun. Poor Kin was not having so much fun! But I was so glad he came along. After Nicholl highway we went across the new bridge at Mounbatten Road. It was scenic!

On the coastals, there were several cyclists, but there were more on the way back... amounting to 20-30 cyclists.. of course not in one peleton. Perhaps it just that everyone is training for the OCBC... Anyway, I had a great time. Can't wait to try it again....

No comments:

Post a Comment