Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tech Woes...


We all know how technology works... they're there to give us information that we don't really need and even when we have that information, we don't really know how to deal with it...

well.. at least that's how I felt with the Suunto T3....its a Finnish product, and really... its a piece of crap... too difficult to learn.. and when I finally learnt it, its a bloody piece of murder to get it integrated with I fitness log... here's why...

the buttons tactile feel is crap... you don't really know whether your stopwatch has started or stopped.. or whether you just pressed the LAP button...you have to squint your tired eyes, eyes that have been stinged by perspiration, and doing all that while you are running... the beep also very soft.. can't hear.. so honestly, this watch is definitely for the young, anyone more mature with failing eyesight, should just stay away from this watch.

The GPS pod took too darn long to find the satellites...
the PC pod hardly ever works! It will download maybe a couple of logs and then its communication failure... the helpdesk is useless, giving me information that I already knew. After 2 months of almost daily communication with the helpdesk and still not being able to get one decent download.. the PC pod is not cold storaged.

Things that work ?
The foot pod. Exceptionally accurate. All that inaccuracy during the Standard Chartered Run, My bad...I re-calibrated the darn thing incorrectly.
When the GPS is working, its also very accurate.

Will I recommend a Suunto to anyone? Answer is NO! Buy a Polar. Dun buy a Timex.. or a Nike or a Puma.. Polar.

I'd still be using the Suunto... only because I spent good dollars on it. But i think after 2010... it may be time to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment