Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008, an eventful year..

To say that 2008 was eventful, will probably be an understatement...

From a Fitness perspective.. much was achieved in this year.. then in all the years of my life!

First off.. though non-fitness related, but will be a huge factor in my fitness in the latter part of my life.. is the birth of my third child, Nathalie in middle of 2008...

I finally completed my 1st ever 10km run race.. at the Standard Chartered Marathon Race...

there will be a write up on this subsequently...

I also did the cycling portion of the OSIM Corporate Tri... on my Kona.. to think that I waited for more than 20 years for my first bike race.

More to come?

Yes indeed.. 2009.. will probably see me doing probably another 1 or 2 more 10km runs.. and probably a half marathon..God willing that is!

I have also enrolled in the OCBC cycle race.. my aim... to be above 50%.. for my age group and also for overall..

2008 taught me.. the youth is certainly an advantage.. but nonetheless.. what we lack in advantage.. through sheer hard work and determination... nothing is ever impossible...

its about small targets.. just like in the movie 'the Patriot'.. when Mel Gibson taught his sons.. 'Aim small, miss small..'... aim for the small targets, easy ones that can be attained quickly.. then work upwards from there...

setting small targets, long term goals and have a ready set of objectives to align the targets and goals.. keeping in mind that the objectives can change.. and will change.. afterall, there are limitations, physically, for all of us.. physically we have to be very sensitive to our own pain threshholds.. only when we start to train towards fatique.. can we improve on our endurance...


No comments:

Post a Comment