Monday, June 1, 2009

The wall.. again...


2009 started with alot of optimism.. a new job.. and a fitter me.. or so I thought.. a couple weeks into the new year and I started to experience cramps that I have never felt before.. cramping at both thighs... I've tried everything... binging on isotonic drinks, creatine, Vit C's and B's... everything.. but nothing can revise the misfortune of aging... hopes of ever completing my half marathon seems to be just so remote now...
After laying off for about a month or two.. I decided to run again.. and what a mistake... stretching sure didnt help... 3/4 of the way and the right thigh started to do the funky thing.. cramping.. it was on the down slope...

Half way up Henderson road, and I was cussing, I hate running.. I absolutely HATE it! I thought.. I should just give it up... I decided to forgo the target of doing 2 half marathons.. and instead... just concentrated on the Stand Chart... at least that will give me more time to train...

But really.. I was just so down and out today.. I just felt like giving up.. could it just be that all that cycling just killed it?

No comments:

Post a Comment