Monday, June 1, 2009

Speedplays...



These candy looking things dun come cheap.. but are they worth it ? Well.. for a fact.. they ARE really alot easier to disengage... using a radically different engineering approach the design is a marked difference for the usual pedals found on the Road Bikes..


In hindsight, I would have chosen the black coloured ones.. as the white ones, really stain so darn easily.. The cleats are HUMONGOUS.. and enough is said about them, especially walking on them! Those Coffee shop cleat covers are an absolute must if you're gonna have those rides and eat sessions!
So how do they perform? Well.. I went from a PB of 52.9km/h to a 54.6km/h. I think the float adjustments does help abit. The biggest thing about them is the way they clip and unclip and the fact that they keep my feet from too much movement and also being close to the spindles. Initially it really takes some use to, you really need to dial them in, in terms of the heel in or heel out position. But once that is dialled in, its just a matter of getting yourself out there and training hard! On a scale from 1 to 10, on how much these have given me performance in terms of dollarts spend? Well, I am not too sure about it though, I think that Shimanos or the Keos or the Look would have probably done the same thing, only these lollypops are alot more expensive, nicer to look at and alot lighter! I'd give them a 4 for value.. as they are darn expensive. But I'd give them a high 8 or even a 9, as far as the ease of use is concerned. a 10 for cosmetics.. they are really really cute! Sigh.. the cost of ownership!

No comments:

Post a Comment